Information presented through this service is subject to change daily.
Unless an instructor has required the CDs sometimes packaged with textbooks for their course, we cannot guarantee that they will be bundled with a used title.
All online textbook orders are shipped UPS, FedEx, or USPS Priority mail. Shipping charges will apply.
- How do I find my textbooks online?
- Select the campus that you attend from the list of “Campuses” in the left navigation bar on the homepage, select the appropriate quarter, and fill in any one of the search fields. All titles that are available online are also available in the store, so if a book is listed as “currently unavailable,” then it is not yet in stock. Autumn quarter textbooks are generally available for purchase by late September. Please note that not all instructors require a textbook for their classes. If you cannot find a book using a course or section number, the instructor has not submitted an order to University Book Store.
- Can I order my books online and pick them up at the store?
- Yes. When checking out, simply select “Charge & Hold” for your shipping preference. (There is a $5 charge for this service.) You will receive an email when your textbooks are ready for pickup. Textbook pickup is at the textbooks info desk (located on the bottom floor at the U District Store.) ID is required.
- Can I use my financial aid money to purchase textbooks?
- Unfortunately, University Book Store does not have access to your financial aid records.
- Can I return my textbooks?
- Yes, with a receipt! The last day to return your textbooks will be listed on your receipt. New books must be in new condition (no water damage, highlighting, dog-eared pages, etc.). Pre-packaged course supply kits and books that are accompanied by software must be un-opened. Your University Book Store sales receipt is always required.
- Does University Book Store buy used textbooks?
- Yes. We buy textbooks at the main store year round based on national market value. Textbook BuyBack applies to UW, Cascadia, Cornish, Digipen, and the high schools we serve only. Current school ID required. However, during quarter finals, textbooks that will be used in the upcoming quarter will be bought back for up to 50% of the new book price, unless one of the following events occurs:
- The instructor has not requested the book for the next semester. (Textbooks that will not be used in the upcoming semester will be bought back at market value.)
- We have already bought back as many copies of the book as we need.
- There is a more recent edition available.
- The book has no national market demand.
- The book is not in resalable condition.
- You do not need your receipt to sell back your books; however, you do need your Husky Card.
- Other Important Information
- Save your receipt. It is required for returns.
- Preference for USED or NEW textbooks will be followed depending on availability.
- Course Packs, Class Notes, CDs and Software, Lab Manuals, and Workbooks are available only as NEW.
- If you cannot find a course or section, the instructor has not submitted an order to University Book Store.
UW Bothell Resources
Textbook Refund Policy & Deadlines
Return deadlines are the last days for students to return textbooks in their original condition with receipt for a full refund. Textbooks cannot be returned after a class has ended.
Receipts are required for all refunds. Textbooks must be in purchased condition for a full refund.
If you drop/withdraw from a class you can return your book within 14 days after the start of classes (full term courses only). A Proof of drop/withdrawal is required at the time of return. This excludes Rented Textbooks.
Our goal is to insure that all students have access to textbooks in a timely manner so we're unable to make exceptions to these return periods.
- Autumn: October 7, 2015