Yes. Textbook BuyBack is available year-round, at all University Book Store locations, during regular store hours. We pay up to 50% of the new price for your textbooks—in cash or, for an additional 10%, as in-store credit. Textbook Buyback applies to UW, Cascadia, City University of Seattle, Cornish, Digipen, Shoreline Community College, and the high schools we serve, and all other U.S. colleges. Current high school or college ID required.
During quarter finals, textbooks that will be used in the upcoming quarter will be bought back for up to 50% of the new book price, unless one of the following events occurs:
- The instructor has not requested the book for the next quarter. (Textbooks that will not be used in the upcoming semester will be bought back at market value.)
- We have already bought back as many copies of the book as we need.
- There is a more recent edition available.
- The book has no national market demand.
- The book is not in resalable condition.
You do not need your receipt to sell back your books; however, you must provide a valid high school or college ID.