Warehouse Asst. / Customer Service
- Textbook Department
- Part-time, 32 hours per week
This part-time, hourly position reports to the Textbook Department Manager and Supervisors and is responsible for providing excellent customer service while completing tasks that support the overall functions of the department.
- Provide friendly, efficient and helpful customer service in the store and on the telephone.
- Efficiently and accurately process sales and return transactions on the cash register, following established procedures.
- Assist with re-pricing and re-shelving of buyback and customer refunds.
- Pull, package and ship books for online marketplace storefront.
- Assist with preparing wholesale shipments and rental shipments.
- Assist with new book warehouse duties, shelving, shipping and maintenance.
- Pull, clean and package books for vendor returns and complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability and strong desire to support overall objectives of the department and to provide a high standard of customer service with enthusiasm and energy.
- Previous cashiering and data entry experience preferred.
- Ability to efficiently, and accurately handle multiple, ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Highly developed sense of organization and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality in previous employment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
This is a regular, part-time, hourly position. The primary schedule will be:
- Monday: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday & Wednesday: OFF
- Thursday: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday: 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Hours will change as seasonal and business needs dictate.
Wage and Benefits
Our beginning wage scale is $10.50– $11.00 per hour, depending upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurance; Section 125 plan, holiday, vacation and sick pay; 401(k) pension plan; profit sharing; merchandise discount; employee assistance program; and a subsidized bus pass.
Complete an application form available at the Human Resources Office, or online at www.ubookstore.com. Completed applications may be faxed to 206-633-6601, mailed, or submitted in person until 6:00 PM Friday, October 3, 2014. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within approximately two weeks. Applicants not selected will be notified by mail.
University Book Store is an equal opportunity employer