- Bellevue Store
- Part-time, 28 hours per week
This part-time, hourly position reporting to the Bellevue Store Manager and Supervisor is responsible for providing excellent customer service while accurately and efficiently processing customers' purchases on a cash register.
- Provide friendly, efficient and helpful customer service in the store and on the telephone.
- Stock and maintain work areas and sales floor in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist customers with purchase orders in the store.
- Order special order and reserve books.
- Process sales transactions on the cash register, following established procedures.
- Prepare register for opening and perform tasks to close at the end of the day.
- Be available to work offsite events.
- Work in other departments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Experience and Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability and strong desire to provide high standard of customer service with enthusiasm and energy.
- Must be detail-oriented, patient and able to set priorities and work well under pressure.
- Previous retail and cashiering experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively and pleasantly with customers and co-workers.
- Must have legible handwriting, good organizational skills, and have excellent data entry or typing ability.
- Neat, well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability in previous employment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs. on a consistent basis.
This is a part–time, hourly position. The primary schedule is:
- Monday & Tuesday: OFF
- Wednesday: 2:00PM – 7:00PM
- Thursday & Friday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM
- Saturday: 2:00PM – 6:00PM
- Sunday: 11:00AM – 3:00PM
Hours will change as seasonal and business needs dictate.
Wage and Benefits
Our beginning wage scale is $9.40– $9.65 per hour, depending upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include holiday, vacation and sick pay; 401(k) retirement plan; profit sharing; merchandise discount; employee assistance program; and a subsidized bus pass.
Complete an application form available at the Human Resources Office, Bellevue Store or online at www.ubookstore.com. Completed applications may be faxed to 206-633-6601, mailed, or submitted in person. This position is open until filled. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within approximately two weeks. Applicants not selected will be notified by mail.
University Book Store is an equal opportunity employer