Cashier / Customer Service
- Bellevue Store
- Holiday Temporary
This temporary, hourly position reporting to the Bellevue Store Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service while assisting customers with gift wrap and shipping needs.
- Greet and engage customers to ensure they find the merchandise they are looking for while providing friendly, efficient and helpful customer service.
- Process sales and return transactions on the cash register, following established procedures.
- Gift wrap customer purchases and maintain supplies.
- Prepare books and merchandise for mailing.
- Determine UPS and USPS carrier rates, post charges on invoices, type labels.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Experience and Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability and strong desire to provide high standard of customer service with enthusiasm and energy.
- Previous retail, customer service and cashiering experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
- Excellent record of attendance and reliability in previous employment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 30lbs. on a consistent basis.
This is a temporary, hourly position. Schedules will vary. Eligible candidates should be available to work evenings and weekends.
Wage and Benefits
The wage for this position is $9.32, and benefits include a merchandise discount.
Complete an application form available at our Bellevue Store, or online at www.ubookstore.com. Completed applications may be faxed to (425) 646-3340, mailed, or submitted in person at our Bellevue Store. This position is open until filled. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within approximately two weeks. Applicants not selected will be notified by mail.