Husky Shop Salesperson/Cashier
- Bothell Store
- Seasonal Part-time, 20 hours per week
This part-time, seasonal, hourly position reporting to the Bothell store manager is responsible for upholding a high standard of customer service and merchandise selection in the Husky Shop within our Bothell store.
- Actively demonstrate excellent customer service on the selling floor.
- Assist in the coordination of merchandise acquisitions and transfers between branch stores, the main store and the warehouse.
- Maintain excellent visual merchandising standards on the selling floor.
- Process sales and return transactions on the cash register, following established procedures.
- Assist in the planning and supervision of the annual department inventory.
- Assist customers in every department of the store.
- Maintain information systems and stock controls to ensure prompt restocking of goods, appropriate stock turnover, timely returns, transfers and markdowns, and reliable customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability and strong desire to provide high standard of customer service with enthusiasm and energy.
- Previous experience in retail, supervision and customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of insignia product and related merchandise preferred.
- Familiarity with student, office and art supply products preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
- Excellent record of attendance, reliability and initiative in previous employment.
- Neat, well-groomed and professional appearance.
This is a seasonal part-time, hourly position expected to last through June, 2015. The primary schedule will be:
- Monday – Thursday: 2:00PM - 6:00PM
- Friday: 10:00AM – 2:00PM
- Saturday: OFF (scheduled when store is open)
- Sunday: OFF
The schedule will change as seasonal and business needs dictate.
Wage and Benefits
Our beginning wage scale is $9.40– $9.65 per hour, depending upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include holiday, vacation and sick pay; profit sharing; 401(k) retirement plan; merchandise discount; employee assistance program, and a subsidized bus pass.
Complete an application form available at the Human Resources Office, our Bothell Store or online at www.ubookstore.com. Completed applications may be faxed to (425) 352-3345, mailed, or submitted in person. This position is open until filled. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within approximately two weeks. Applicants not selected will be notified by mail.
University Book Store is an equal opportunity employer