- Textbook Department
- Part-time, 20 hours per week
This part-time, hourly position reporting to the Textbook department Manager and Supervisors is responsible for providing excellent customer service while completing tasks that support the overall functions of the department.
- Provide friendly, efficient and helpful customer service in the store and on the telephone.
- Process sales transactions on the cash register, following established procedures.
- Enthusiastic handselling, always ready to engage with customers and connect merchandise with shoppers.
- Set up and adjust floor inventory as needed.
- Maintain inventory on sales floor, including stocking, verifying counts and updating shelf tags.
- Assist with re-pricing and re-shelving of buyback books and customer returns.
- Pull, clean and package books for returns and complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Receive and shelve textbooks in the stockroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability and strong desire to support overall objectives of the department and to provide a high standard of customer service with enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately handle multiple, ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented and organized approach to tasks.
- Strong telephone and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent record of attendance, reliability and initiative in previous employment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
This is a part-time, hourly position. The primary schedule will be:
- Monday: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, Friday & Sunday: OFF
- Wednesday: 3:00 PM – 8:00PM
- Thursday: 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Hours will change as seasonal and business needs dictate
Wage and Benefits
Our beginning wage scale is $9.40– $9.65 per hour, depending upon experience and qualifications. Benefits include; holiday, vacation and sick pay; 401(k) retirement plan; profit sharing; merchandise discount; employee assistance program; and a subsidized bus pass.
Complete an application form available at the Human Resources Office, or online at www.ubookstore.com. Completed applications may be faxed to 206-633-6601, mailed, or submitted in person until 6:00 PM Friday, October 3, 2014. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within approximately two weeks. Applicants not selected will be notified by mail.